Nitril rubber's application:
1. in automotive industry:
NBR is widely made to be fuel and oil handling hoses, seals, grommets, and self-seaing fuel tanks, and used . Ordinary rubbers cannot be used in these products to keep the good performance as NBR.
2. in the nuclear industry:
NBR is good material to make protective gloves.
3. aeronautical industry:
NBR's ability to withstand a range of temperatures from -40 to 108°C (-40 to 226°F) makes it an ideal material for aeronautical applications.
4. Nitrile butadiene is also used to create moulded goods, footwear, adhesives, sealants, spongers, expanded foams, and floor mats.
NBR VS Natural rubber:
1. Nitrile rubber is more resistant than natural rubber to oils and acids.
2. NBR has superior strength than natural rubber.
3. Nitrile is more puncure-resistanct than natural rubber.
4. NBR has good resistant to chemicals or ozone than natural rubber.
5. NBR is less likely to cause an allergic reaction than natural rubber.
6. Buna-N is generallly resistant to aliphatic hydrocarbons.
7. Nitrile can be attacked by ozone, ketones, ester and aldehydes.
N756 Low temperature resistance
N079 Black food
N674 General application
N702 High hardness and high compression resistance
N081 High oil resistance, high acrylonitrile content and gasoline