Plastic Button Caps & Cover 's Legend types:
1. Screen Printing
2. Laser Eteched (color spraying coating and laser engraving for led backlight.)
3. Overmolded legends (silicone & LSR + plastic overmoding for backlight)
Plastic Button & Key Cap legends' protective Coating: UV coating or PU coating (Glossy or Matte Smooth), mainly depends on keycap working environment.
Button Cover Silicone Rubber Keypad Production Process
1. Plastic Button Caps's injection mold-making, production and aided tooling-making
2. Silk screen printing, Or spraying coating+ laser etched, and do PU or UV coating.
3. Die Cutting for plastic button caps.
4. Assemble keycap and silicone keyboard by glue.
5. Rapid bonding or drying process combinantion
Silicone Rubber Keypad with plastic caps
1.) Good aesthetic and backlight effects.
2.) Good Touch Feeling, Anti-dust.
3.) Cost effective to large quantities.
3.) Long lifespan keypad
1.) High injection mold-making cost: If choose PC/PMMA materials and up to light guide effects,
that need choose good mold core steels.
2.) High Keycap Demands: No flowing mark, no texturing and up to light guide effects.
That need good injection machines and injection standard parts.
3.) Unsuitable to low quantities.