Laser Engraving Keyboard,also calledlaser etched keypad are customized using translucent silicone rubber which is available in a variety of legends colors.
1. Generally, custom made laser engraving rubber keypad, the materials choose transparent silicone rubber, which better than normal translucent silicone materials, in aim to improve the silicone rubber backlight effects.
2. After finished basic compression transparent elastomer rubber keypads production, the laser engraving keypads are sprayed opaque coating. First processing coated color (inner color) is same to the desired legends color, and the second processing coating color which is keypad surface colors.
3. Mostly, silicone rubber laser engraving keypads will be coated like PU coating (sealplast coating) which have two types ( Matt coating and Glossy Coating) and Touch feeling oil etc to protect the keypads surface.
4. After finished the silicone rubber keypads surface coating, puting the keypads into the position tooling and laser engraving machines for laser engraving process.
Notes: Laser engraving silicone keypad, mainly quality problem caused by color coating. 1. Color Aberration ( chromatic aberration ) 2. Unevenly Coated which will cause light leak.
3. Too thin spraying coated layer engraving silicone rubber keypad will cause light leak
4. Coated layer thickness affect the keys thickness or pads thickness.
5. Inner coated color ( legends color ) and keypad's surface color should be big color contrast.
Like inner coated color is white, the surface color mostly choose black.
for example choosing inner translucent silicone without white or other bright color coating, with gray or black color surface keypad to do laser engraving process, the keypad can't shows laser mark characters without backlight.
Quickly Quotation Requirements for Silicone Rubber Keypad
1. Offer 2D, 3D design (PDF, CAD, STEP, IGS, slprt. ) drawings, or samples 2. Include number of legend and silicone colors, Of need silicone light guide. 3. With or without blackcarbon pills, conductive ink coated etc. 4. Keypads surface demands: Laser Etched, Silkscreen, Spray Coating, UV Coating etc. 5. Quantities to be quoted These are the primary elements for a quotation. Other details such as travel, force, durometer and tactile response can be determined at the time of order.Specialty features such as protective coatings, laser etching, light pipes, etc. should be included.
Our Advantage: 1. Precision Own Mold-Making Technology (Since 1998)