Button Caps & Key Covers
Button Caps & Covers, also called key cap or cover, which used as a silicone rubber keypad & keyboard 's cover like for anti-dust, oil proof, wear-resisting, good aesthetic & backlight effects and long lifespan etc.
Keypad with keycaps which combine the benefits of plastic key caps & button covers with elastic and sealing feature of rubber keyboards by glue or hook.
Plastic Button Caps & Cover 's Legend types:
1. Screen Printing
2. Laser Eteched (color spraying coating and laser engraving for led backlight.)
3. Overmolded legends (silicone & LSR + plastic overmoding for backlight)
Button Cover Silicone Rubber Keypad Production Process
1. Plastic Button Caps's injection mold-making, production and aided tooling-making
2. Silk screen printing, Or spraying coating+ laser etched, and do PU or UV coating.
3. Die Cutting for plastic button caps
4. Assemblu Button Caps and Silicone Rubber Keyboard by Glue
5.) Rapid bonding or Drying Process combination.
Main Plastic Button Cap ( key covers) Materials: PC. PMMA & Acrylic, PVC, ABS, ABS+PC ect.
Button Cap legends' protective Coating: UV coating or PU coating (Glossy or Matte Smooth)
1.Silicone Rubber Keypad with plastic cap Advantages:
1.) Good aesthetic and backlight effects.
2.) Good Touch Feeling, Anti-dust.
3.) Cost effective to large quantities.
3.) Long lifespan keypad
1.) High injection mold-making cost: If choose PC/PMMA materials and up to light guide effects,
that need choose good mold core steels.
2.) High Keycap Demands: No flowing mark, no texturing and up to light guide effects.
That need good injection machines and injection standard parts.
3.) Unsuitable to low quantities.